On Tuesday 28 July 2009 09:44:42 Nathaniel Echols wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Salgado, Paula
>
> Also, I did a little research and it seems few laptops could deal with the
> > resolution requirements for HKL2000 - any thoughts on that as well?
>
> This is really still a problem?  Dell's Precision "mobile workstations" have
> 1920x1200 resolution, but they're expensive.

It is not a problem in any case, because the HKL requirement for resolution is
applied to the virtual desktop, not to the physical screen size.   I can display
HKL2000 on my 5-year-old 1024x768 laptop just fine, so long as I define the
desktop to be larger than that.  Of course, it means I have to pan or scroll
in order to access the outer edges of the the full display image.

        Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center