How about a 3-fold disordered metal ion?

Mark

On 19 Aug 2009, at 17:07, Sampath Natarajan wrote:

Dear All,

Currently I'm modeling one structure with 2.6A data. I could find an unknown density which I located in the interface between the three similar subunits. This density shows very strong peak, which appears until 10 sigma level in the difference map. It seems to be a metal ion. But, already I could find two Zn ions in the active site and refined well. The aspartic acid of each subunit has very close interaction with this density. You can see the pictures, which I have attached with this mail. The crystallization condition is 0.05M CaCl2 0.1M Bis-Tris pH 6.5, 30% (v/v) PEG monomethyl ether 550. Suggestion about this unknown density will be more helpful to find the molecule.

thanks a lot,

Regards,

Sampath