- E. coli cytochrome b562: the entire culture turns red upon overexpression.
- The bilin-binding protein of Pieris brassicae is a blue protein, although its chromophore biliverdin IXgamma only occurs in insects. - The neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) is wine-red if produced in the periplasm of E. coli where it takes up the endogenous siderophore Fe-enterobactin.
If you need references, just let me know.
Arne Skerra