Those Greeks again ...

> Finally, validation tools are not there to pass judgement. They are
> tools to be used by depositors, referees, and users alike, to help them
> make a better informed interpretation of crystallographic *models*.
> Servers like EDS and PDB_REDO must be seen in that light,

Validation tools are programs written by crystallographers and structural
biologists. As it happens, most crystallographers that write programs,
have the neurotic belief that they can treat others' people data better
than those other people. And, I share that neurosis ;-))

--

          Dr Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,