Ed,

thanks - this is a great suggestion.  Unfortunately, it's not the
problem - I had the "oscillation start 0.0 range 0.5 step 0.001"
statement in the denzo input file.  Denzo runs fine and there is no
slippage issue. I tried turning off postrefinement and both batch and
crystal rotx refinement (batch is what I do generally), to no avail.

Ed.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore