English et al. Recombinant and in vitro expression systems for hydrogenases:
new frontiers in basic and applied studies for biological and synthetic H2
production. Dalton Trans. (2009) (45) pp. 9970-8

I've never tried to express a hydrogenase, but I've read that it's very
hard. Do you have all necessary assembly proteins and/or are you expressing
in an organism that has a closely related hydrogenase?

-Joel