I would try dialyzing against a solution with 1,10-phenanthroline, 1,10-phenanthroline-2-carboxylate, or pyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate. Removal of metals from proteins is often not just dissociative, but requires the associative interaction of a chelating agent. Which one works is often empirical.

Cheers.