So, that was my previous question.

Em 29-07-2010 14:14, Phoebe Rice escreveu:
You don't have to keep the same number of symmetrical
contacts.

---- Original message ----
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:13:56 -0300
From: Fred<ccp4bb.l...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] non-symmetric tetramer ? 2nd round
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Clarifying... That's happened because I was talking about
the symmetry
of the SAXS envelop/particle. I understand that if you
consider the
symmetry of the whole particle, say a tetramer of identical
subunits,
you can have the 4-fold axis when asking for 222 symmetry
envelop, which
gives you a 422 envelop. I disagree with you
statement "there is no
fundamental reason that a tetramer has to have any
particular symmetry".
Thinking only in the low resolution envelop, that's not
true. Try to
arrange 4 spheres in a non-symmetrical way keeping the same
number of
reciprocal contacts.