But equation given in slide #4 is exactly least-square equation with some modified maps. Just use Pareval's theorem, then for case of 2mFo- Dfc you will have

sum_{reflection used) (2mFo-DF_{c current) -k F_{model})^2

F_model is equal to F_{c current} at the point of calculation. All gradients can be calculated analytically.

That is an interesting observation.

regard
Garib