        From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On
Behalf Of Rex Palmer
        Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 1:44 PM
        To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: [ccp4bb] superpositioning two ligands

        This is not really protein crystallography but we are trying to
model build a ligand into a protein binding site. A similar ligand is
already in place and we want to replace this by initially superimposing
a phenyl ring which is common to both ligands. We understand that such
superpositioning can be done with eg Quanta but do not have access to
this program. Does anyone know of a downloadable program that we could
use instead?

        Rex Palmer
        Birkbeck College, London