Hi CCP4bb,

I have two questions regarding Fab purification and Fab-antigen complex
crystallization and would really appreciate any input from the experienced
board.

1) I have got some hits for Fab-antigen complex (150 kD) but they are all
needle clusters. Whatever fine screen I formulate, it always gives me these
needle clusters. Are there some better common ways to change needles to
single crystals?

2) I have certain IgGs from which I purify the Fab by papain digestion
(resin from ThermoSci). One of the first steps is to dialyze the IgG with
the digestion buffer,( 20mM Na-phosphate and 10mM EDTA pH 7.0) Over night. I
always get 30-60% of the IgG precipitated during this overnight dialysis. I
tried to increase the salt by adding 200mM NaCl but of no effect. Have
anyone experienced such problem? Is there any thing that could be tried to
stop this precipitation.

thanks in advance.

ivan