发件人: "Kelly Daughtry" <kddau...@bu.edu>
收件人: "Xiaopeng Hu" <huxp...@mail.sysu.edu.cn>
发送时间: 星期四, 2010年 12 月 02日 上午 12:05:08
主题: Re: [ccp4bb] Space group and R/Rfree value

Sorry, I meant with the P212121 refinement. You mentioned that it is probably
twinned. Including the twin law in refinement with the P212121 data should help
lower your R and Rfree values.

If you have already included the twin law in your phenix refinement for the
P212121 data, and R and Rfree can not be lowered, I would suggest that your
data probably is C2221. Also, the fact that C2221 is not twinned while P212121
is twinned is an indicator to me that C2221 is probably correct as well.

I wouldn't exclude C2221 as the real space group for not having the desired
dimer. I have had tetrameric proteins crystallize with one mol / ASU, trimers
with one mol/ ASU. If you turn on symmetry mates, do you see your intended
dimer with the C2221 data?

Last question/suggestion: Do the maps look the same between the two space
groups? I would assume that the P212121 calculated maps are somewhat worse than
the C2221 maps.

With space group identity problems like these, you have to let the data tell
you what is the correct space group. And from the looks of it, C2221 is the way
to go.

Best of luck,
Kelly
Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.