Would it be true that the anomalous differences could not be measured
in these types of datasets, because one would not know which
Friedel/Bivoet reflection one is measuring in a given frame? Perhaps,
given anomalous signal, there would be a way to tease out which
orientation one was looking at from the correlations of the
signs/magnitudes of anomalous-scattering-induced deviations from the
mean intensities (derived from the whole dataset) for all of the
relections observed in each frame? I guess this might also detwin the
data?

JPK

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Anastassis Perrakis <a.perra...@nki.nl> wrote:

>> Anyway, I thought that was a cool idea, but like so many other cool
>> things, it had to be cut from the Nature paper.  Admittedly, the problem has
>> not actually been solved yet.  This is why we used REFMAC in TWIN mode.
>
> Is that a hint on the:
>
> a. wisdom of the editor
> b. wisdom of 'the third referee'
> c. wisdom of the dogma 'five years of eight eight lifes in 2000 words'
> d. All of the above
>
> ;-)
>
> A.

Jacob Pearson Keller