Hi,

you first need to be sure that both datasets are indexed the same way (this depends on your spacegroup). During the processing step, you have to give each dataset different batch numbers (directly from imosflm) or you can rebatch them after processing (Data Reduction/Utilities/Sort-Modify-Combine MTZ task in ccp4i). Then you can sort (Data Reduction/Utilities/Sort-Modify-Combine MTZ task in ccp4i) your files in a single run in order to get a merged sorted file that you can feed to scala.

hope this helps

laurent