Hi,
it is quite possible to truncate say Lys residue isnt it? so why not do this, this doesn't change the identity of the residue but precisely draws attention to the fact that atoms are missing due to lack
of density.

And if you click on an atom in Pymol, at least i dont see the b-factor displayed anywhere - i would suspect its the same case with other mol. graphics visualization software to fair extent. or its some small print somewhere... + can you actually tell by just looking at the B-factor whether there is any density or not? if the wilson b is high i suspect you can see density and the B-factor will be high where as if Wilson B is low same b-factor will probably mean you dont see density at same sigma cutoff/contour level. or i may be wrong but suspect this is the case....which is why i think its better probably to truncate (not to ala/gly, but to truncate) them if you don't see the density for the side chain at all. OR model the 5 most like conformers then - or 4 - 6 ? 3?

well, this can go on forever --or rather hopefully NOT, but really i don't think this quite so simple as what comes to B-factors and later analysis ---in particular if that will be in anyway automated and will deal with say a larger set of coordinate files. is it really a good idea to leave an active site residue side chain with high B (=no density what so ever)
in, in _one_ defined conformation? i am not so dead certain...

cheers,
Tommi