From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Kothe,
Michael
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 10:28 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Using chaperones to boost expression in E. coli

Dear ccp4bb,

I am curious to hear of examples where the expression of well-behaved protein
was achieved by the coexpression of chaperones in E. coli. I know the
appropriate strains and vectors exist, but I can't remember hearing of a
successful case. I have heard anecdotally of several cases where it was tried
without success (including one attempt I made myself). I also heard of concerns
that the chaperones might copurify with the (now soluble) protein of interest
and are difficult to remove.

Thanks,
Michael