The vivaspins are the best thing in ultrafiltration since sliced bread. I learned about them while I was at the NIH several years ago and haven't looked back. Fast and low-binding. PES membranes are superior for minimizing protein binding, and are also less subject to pore shrinkage in high salt solutions, unlike cellulose or nylon membranes. I will hardly use anything else for protein concentration.

Cheers,

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor