On Thursday, October 27, 2011 09:30:20 am Jacob Keller wrote:

> One thing that the poll is useful for is something I find surprising:
> ~40% when I checked found storing images a waste of time. So, I guess
> this might be useful for finding the "silent [significant] minority."
> Why not have those folks chime in about why they think this is
> useless, even to store images of solved datasets?

That kind of misses the point that the images may be of more value
to others (software developers, TDS wonks, Gloria's incommensurate
lattice hunt, ...) than they are to the person who originally collected them.

So "I don't need them" is different from "there is no point in saving them".

        Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg