Hi ALL,

This is the first structure I am working with.
As the title said, I was stuck in the middle of model building using coot,
and I found a big positive peak for Cadmium ion. The coot program doesn't
*know* the cadmium ion when I add a Cd atom there (under the "place atom at
pointer" menu--> "Other" ), and the refinement program doesn't *know* how
to refine this (failed when I refine the whole structure, and it may need
appropriate values as restraints, but I don't know how to add these values
).

So I am wondering any one can give me any suggestion about, how to add
cadmium ion in the position and do the refinement.

Thanks in advance,

Lu