Hi,
Thanks for your advice!
My problem has been solved, coot has cadmium ion (which I didn't know at
first), and the reason that it didn't work at first is I put Cd instead of
CD (should be *upper case*) under the "place atom at pointer" menu, so the
refmac and coot don't recognize it. Now I learned new things!

Many thanks!

Lu