From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Yuri Pompeu
[yuri.pom...@ufl.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:26 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Efficient way of showing residue conservation

I once saw a figure showing the protein as surface, but instead of having it
coloured by atom type
or potential, it was shown by percent conservation in the family. Something
like red highly conserved, all the way to white, not conserved at all...
Now, I assume the figure was done by uploading aligned sequnces of several
members of a family, and the colouring
the generated surface accordingly.
Does anyone know a way to do this more elegantly than what I tried doing?
ps. I quit colouring them manually after I remebered my protein was 407 aa
long...