On Wednesday, 18 January 2012, Soisson, Stephen M wrote:
> But if we were to follow that convention we would have been stuck with
> Multi-wavelength Resonant Diffraction Experimental Results, or, quite simply,
> MuRDER.

You could switch that to Multiple Energy Resonant Diffraction Experiment
but I don't think that would help any.

As to "anomalous" - the term comes from the behaviour of the derivative
 delta_(optical index) / delta_(wavelength)
This term is positive nearly everywhere, but is anomalously negative
at the absorption edge.

        Ethan