On Friday, 02 March 2012, Regina Kettering wrote:
> Rajesh;
>
> I am not sure that you have a high enough data:refinement parameters ratio to
> refine TLS.
> It just adds more parameters to refine that can lead to over-refinement of
> your model,
> especially at the 3.3 A.

I'm afraid you've got this completely backwards.
TLS uses very few parameters, and is especially useful at low resolution.
At 3.3A I would recommend trying a TLS model _instead_ of refining
individual B factors.

NCS restraints also help a lot at low resolution.

So the drop is believable, but...

You should first worry about "lots of waters were placed".
It's there that many extra parameters have been added, perhaps leading
to over-fitting.  I would not expect 3.3A data to justify placement of
more than a handful of waters at most.

If you're parameter counting, you might note that 5 water molecules add
more parameters than 1 TLS model.  But the TLS model may improve the model
everywhere, whereas the waters will only suppress a few local difference
density peaks.

        cheers,

                Ethan