I too believe that the value is set from the
high resolution limit form data collection or refinement.
All three numbers (high resolution limit in remark 2, remark 3
and Remark 200) are supposed to be consistent and are
defined as the highest resolution reflection used.
http://mmcif.rcsb.org/dictionaries/mmcif_pdbx_v40.dic/Items/_reflns.d_resolution_high.html
http://mmcif.rcsb.org/dictionaries/mmcif_pdbx_v40.dic/Items/_refine.ls_d_res_high.html

 Looking at the PDB specification, it shows that there is an option
to add a free text comment to the remark 2 resolution --
"Additional explanatory text may be included starting with the third line of
the REMARK 2 record. For example, depositors may wish to qualify the resolution
value provided due to unusual experimental conditions."
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/format33/remarks1.html

  We have not done this, but we have in a number of cases
qualified the resolution by using a lower resolution in the
title of the entry and further detailing this "nominal"
resolution in the remark 3 other refinement remarks. E.g. see
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1vr0
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1vkk

Regards,
Mitch