Our policy is to request the pdb to update the stated resolution limit after the deposition's gone through.

That said, I suspect it did not happen for many of our structures, because:
    1) it's not part of the deposition mechanism, i.e. easy to forget.
2) the various programs (especially integration & scaling) don't really make it obvious that anisotropic limits can be done and are a good idea.

The real problem is that we crystallographers have not come up with conventions to distinguish between "effective resolution" and "where are there still spots with signal" - instead we just conflate them into a single number.

phx.