On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 13:01 -0400, Bosch, Juergen wrote:
> Although the question was asked for Mosflm I would like to briefly
> p[oint out that you might be able to also rescue your data by using a
> program that does 3D profile fitting e.g. d*trek and XDS.

For the sake of completeness (and nothing more), denzo may be used to
get around the overlap issue by using a smaller spot radius while
keeping background radius large enough to prevent the spots from
contaminating the background measurements.  I recall this was also a
useful trcik for really large unit cells (i.e. when you still have
severe overlaps even after pushing detector all the way back).

--
After much deep and profound brain things inside my head,
I have decided to thank you for bringing peace to our home.