From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Acoot
Brett
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:01 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] inflluence of pH for crystallization on protein 3-D structure

Dear All,

A protein crystal can be got at pH 5 or 8, or a pH with much extreme value.
What will be the relatively extreme pH value to get the crystal on the protein
structure solved based on the crystal got? I mean usually we regard the
physiological pH as 7. If a crystal was got at pH 5, the structure solved may
be different from the protein structure at pH 7. But it seems there is rarely
analysis on the discrepancy of the protein structures when publishing 3-D
structure with the protein crystal got at relatively extreme pH.

I am looking forward to getting your comment on it.

Cheers,

Acoot