Ha ha. Brilliant! Maybe we should just send them up to Svalbard to store with
the seeds.

On Dec 12, 2012, at 4:38 PM, Artem Evdokimov wrote:

Or... (gasp) store a regular USB drive in a freezer, yes? If the relationship
between data decay rate and temperature indeed follows the same good old
Arrhenius formula then any old USB drive is virtually endless at -80C and safe
for human life span at -20 (i.e. kitchen freezer, sans defrost cycles (so pack
your USB in some ice packs so defrost doesn't kill it).

If this works, feel free to send me money, SanDisk...

Artem

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Richard Gillilan