I don't believe there is a solution that does not involve active
management.  You can't write your data and pick up those media 25
years later and expect to get your data back -- not without some
heroic effort involving the construction of your own hardware.

   I have data from Brian Matthews' lab going back to the mid-1970's
and those data started life on 7-track mag tapes.  I've moved them
from there to 9-track 1600 bpi tapes, to 9-track 6250 bpi tapes, to
just about every density of Exabyte tape, to DVD, and most recently
to external magnetic hard drives (each with USB, Firewire, and eSATA
interfaces).  The hard drives are about five years old and so far
are holding up.  Last time I checked I could still read the 10 year
old DVD's.  I'm having real trouble reading Exabyte tapes.

   Write your data to some medium that you expect to last for at least
five years but anticipate that you will then have to move them to
something else.

   Instead of spending time working on the 100 year solution you should
spend your time annotating your data so that someone other than you
can figure out what it is.  Lack of annotation and editing is the
biggest problem with old data.

Dale Tronrud

P.S. If someone needs the intensities for heavy atom derivatives of
Thermolysin written in VENUS format, I'm your man.