Hi All,
I have an 36KD protein which can be crystallize in two days. Most of the
crystals are very big. But all cystals have poor resolution,lower than 3.8
A. I picked some crystals, washed them in the mother solution and then run
SDS-PAGE. It is surprised to find that different cystals have different
components. Some crystals have several samll bands below the band of the
protein. And in some crysals the bigger size band (as the construct should
be) almost disappared and have smear. Does the protein was degradated in
the crystals? Did someone met the similar problem as I? Thanks

All the best
lisa