Hi Ed,

I'm not directly familiar with the ctruncate implementation of French and
Wilson, but from the implementation that I put into Phenix (based on the
original F&W paper) I can tell you that any reflection where (I/sigI) -
(sigI/mean_intensity) is less than a defined cutoff (in our case -4.0),
then it is rejected. Depending on sigI and the mean intensity for a given
shell, this can result in positive intensities that are also rejected.
Typically this will effect very small positive intensities as you've
observed.

I don't recall the mathematical justification for this and don't have a
copy of F&W here at home, but I can have a look in the morning when I get
into the lab and let you know.

Jeff