Dear Ed,

AFAIK James Holton found the same issue, and a similar problem also existed in
XDSCONV. In my view, it is an example of the problem that most programs so far
have dealt with weak data in a suboptimal way, and have undergone little
testing with such data.
The latest version of XDSCONV (March 30, 2013) has a fix for this.
I take the opportunity to announce that a bugfix build of the March 30 XDS
package release is on Wolfgang Kabsch's server. The bug this fixes is that the
"GENERATED BY" line in the output file from XSCALE did not mention XSCALE; this
made pointless fail.

thanks,

Kay