From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Nat Echols
[nathaniel.ech...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:31 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] השב: [ccp4bb] Why nobody comments about the Nobel
committee decision?

Levitt also contributed to DEN refinement (Schroder et al. 2007, 2010).

-Nat

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Boaz Shaanan
<bshaa...@bgu.ac.il<mailto:bshaa...@bgu.ac.il>> wrote:
Good point. Now since you mentioned contributions of the recent Nobel laureates
to crystallography Mike Levitt also had a significant contribution through the
by now forgotten Jack-Levitt refinement which to the best of my knowledge was
the first time that x-ray term was added to the energy minimization algorithm.
I think I'm right about this. This was later adapted by Axel Brunger in Xplor
and other progrmas followed.
Cheers, Boaz

-------- הודעה מקורית --------
מאת Alexander Aleshin
<aales...@sanfordburnham.org<mailto:aales...@sanfordburnham.org>>
תאריך: 10/10/2013 0:07 (GMT+02:00)
אל CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
נושא [ccp4bb] Why nobody comments about the Nobel committee decision?

Sorry for a provocative question, but I am surprised why nobody
comments/congratulations laureates with regard to recently awarded Nobel
prizes? However, one of laureates  in chemistry contributed to a popular method
in computational crystallography.
CHARMM -> XPLOR -> CNS -> PHENIX->…

Alex Aleshin