Dear all and dear Jacob

Please have also a look at another paper from Manfred where they show that
"both difference electron-density maps and anomalous difference
electron-density maps suggest that in crystals grown from a sodium sulfate
solution PPE binds Na+ in its metal-binding site." [Porcine  pancreatic
elastase] :
Weiss,
M. S., Panjikar, S., Nowak, E. & Tucker, P. A. (2002). Acta crystallographica.
Section D, Biological crystallography 58,
1407-1412

All the best,
Philippe

Philippe BENAS, Ph.D.
X-ray diffraction and computing facilities manager

Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques, UMR 8015 CNRS

E-mails: philippe.be...@parisdescartes.fr, philippe_be...@yahoo.fr
URLs: http://lcrbw.pharmacie.univ-paris5.fr/ ,
http://lcrbw.pharmacie.univ-paris5.fr/spip.php?article18