On Saturday, 19 April 2014 02:52:38 PM Zbyszek Otwinowski wrote:
> Why not improve "effective resolution" to include consideration of solvent
> content? Due to constant packing density of proteins, it would become a
> synonim (by appropriate transformation) to number of observations per
> modelled atom.

Following that line of thought, perhaps reporting the observation/parameter
ratio would provide a more informative number than "resolution".
Of course that leads to a morass of argumentation about whether to modify
it by the number and class of restraints used during refinement.

        Ethan

--
mail:   Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg
        MS 357742,   University of Washington, Seattle 98195-7742