Thank you Ethan.

Supposing I want to compare with the experimental map, a small fragment of
the model (let's say residues 15-30 in a protein of 100 residues).

Supposing I start with one model but now extract from that model residues
15-30 (let's call it model 1)  , modify it and now want to check if the
modified model (model 2) is better than model1?
Of course residues 1-14 and 30-100 (in a 100 residue protein) are the same.

How can I measure which fragment (model 1 or model 2) is better.
Do I have to insert model2 where model 1 was and use EDStats for the whole
protein?