Dear Alaistair,

this sound a little like the SQUEEZE command in Platon (with dummies
placed at the spurious regions), although I am not an expert about what
SQUEEZE does in detail. If your structure is not too large, you could
give it a try. The Polymerase is too large for Platon, but it works with
insulin ;-)

best,
Tim

--