Hi Patrick,

while I agree with Tim this task may be a bit less straightforward than it
appears, I think you can get ballpark numbers by looping over all PDB
entries and searching for a keyword in PROGRAM card. All you need is to
make an upfront definition of what you count as "phenix", "ccp4", "shelx",
"main", "eref", "molly", "mopro", "refmac", "frog" (I have a full list
somewhere). I do this every few months. Using CCTBX it is a less than
half-page long script.

All in all, it is definitely possible, just may be not super-accurate!

Pavel