Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von Tim
Gruene
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. April 2015 09:58
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] Phenix: heavy atoms

Dear Natalia,

you can use Coot to generate the symmetry related molecules and see if the
substructure matches your model.
If your space group is polar, as in e.g. P2(1) or P2(1)2(1)2(1), your
coordinates may float freely along the polar axis and looking the the symmetry
related atoms would not help. I am not sure Coot has a feature to drag the
coordinates along the polar axis.

Best,

Tim

On 04/15/2015 05:24 AM, Natalia O wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I am new to the crystallography and I am seeking for an advice
> considering data processing. I have a dataset with 2.8 A resolution. I
> used hybrid substructure search program in phenix, I got the heavy
> atom sites (selenium), and then I submitted the site to the autosol.
> With autosol half of the residues were positioned and there are some
> loops missing, and a part of structure was built as a chain of
> alanines. Importantly only half of the methionines was built. Now I am
> trying to build loops manually in Coot. I was able to build one of the
> loops, and this loop has a methionine residue, so I wanted to check if
> one of the heavy atom sites agrees with the self-built methionine
> position. And here I got completely confused, because if I open a pdb
> file containing my heavy atom sites and at the same time I open the
> model - the coordinates, they are not placed in one asymmetric unit. I
> expected that heavy atoms were found, and then basically “on top of
> them” the model was built. But that’s not what I see. I am missing
> something basic and important here and I am completely clueless. What
> is the relation between the origin of coordinates in the file with
> heavy atoms and the origin of coordinates of the molecular model?
>

> Thank you!
>

> Natalia

- --
- --