You found it!

XDS.INP needs
ROTATION_AXIS=-1 0 0

with this setting, IDXREF indexes more than half of the reflections:
 REFINED VALUES OF DIFFRACTION PARAMETERS DERIVED FROM  10956 INDEXED SPOTS
 REFINED PARAMETERS:   AXIS BEAM ORIENTATION CELL
 STANDARD DEVIATION OF SPOT    POSITION (PIXELS)     0.60
 STANDARD DEVIATION OF SPINDLE POSITION (DEGREES)    0.15

I assume this is beamline BL17B1 from the Taiwanese NSRRC synchrotron, right?
Why oh why do they rotate the spindle this way?

Kay