Hi Sanjeev,

In addition to all the excellent suggestions (trying different buffers/salts,
co-expression, concentrator, incubate and set up crystallization screening,
checking SPR, fusion), I have a couple more suggestions:

1) related to your question about cross-linker: do you have experimental
structures or homology models of one or both components? If so, you could try a
couple of protein-protein docking programs (Haddock, etc) and analyze the
interface for close contacts where you can introduce disulfides.

2) you can also try lysing the cells together and co-purifying from the
beginning.

3) try reductive methylation on the incubated complex prior to setting up
screens if you have numerous exposed lysines.

Thanks,
Debanu
Accelero Biostructures