Dear Eleanor

mmCIF does not have a equivalent of LINKR records.

If you define links during refinement then these are output as _struct_conn in mmCIF files. The _struct_conn records are used during deposition to determine if two atoms are linked, allowing using to validate chirality (such as ASN to a NAG) and ignore these atoms in clashes. Any _struct_conn records which are invalid due to one of the atoms missing will not affect the analysis at deposition, they will just be ignored.

Please try outputing an mmCIF file out of refmac and report any incorrect or missing _struct_conn records to the refmac developers.

John