AI researchers are boycotting Nature journals:
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/05/why-are-ai-researchers-boycotting-new-nature-journal-and-shunning-others
May be there is something we can in our field?

> Since neither I nor my university can afford Elsevier journals, I have no
> access to papers published in them. In view of their excessive profits, for
> some years I have not submitted papers to them and have declined all
> requests to referee for them. If everyone did that, they might reconsider
> their approach. I am not an Apple fan either - I use a more reasonably
> priced native Linux laptop - but have to give Apple credit for innovation.
>
> George
>

> On 07/01/2018 06:57 PM, Patrick Loll wrote:
>

> I think what we should do is not publish in journal families where the
> profit is above 10 per cent. Elsevier is the place to start as their profit
> margins are like those of Apple, and of competition there is none.
>

> Elsevier: Like Apple, but without the design sense.
>

> But seriously, Adrian makes an excellent point. And the large profit
> margins wouldn’t be quite so galling, if only the publishers were able to
> provide competent and helpful administrative support; but in my recent
> experience, not-for-profit scientific society journals are actually
> providing better experiences for reviewers and authors than the big
> commercial ones.
>
> Pat

> ---------------------------
>
> Patrick J. Loll, Ph. D.
>
> Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
>
> Drexel University College of Medicine
>
> Room 10-102 New College Building
>
> 245 N. 15th St
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=245+N.+15th+St&entry=gmail&source=g>.,
> Mailstop 497
>
> Philadelphia, PA  19102-1192  USA
>

> (215) 762-7706
>
> pjl...@gmail.com
>
> pj...@drexel.edu

> --
> Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
> Dept. Structural Chemistry,
> University of Goettingen,
> Tammannstr. 4,
> D37077 Goettingen, Germany
> Tel. +49-551-39-33021 or +49-5594-227312

Eugene Osipov
Junior Research Scientist
Laboratory of Enzyme Engineering
Research Center of Biotechnology