Dear Bernhard,

To conclude our conversation, the person who determined and deposited the most small-molecule structures was not a 'poor Russian' but almost certainly Prof. Allan White of UWA, Perth with 5372. He died in 2016. I don't know how many papers he had to review as a punishment.

Best wishes, George

On 04.07.2018 20:30, Bernhard Rupp wrote:

I was just fascinated by the math: 800 x 3 = 2400, and given a

work year of 1600 hrs this makes for 1.5 papers per hr to review…

I don’t remember a reference to anyone specific - YS had only about 2000 papers –

so maybe there are/were even more prolific candidates 😉

Best, BR

*From:*George Sheldrick <gshe...@uni-goettingen.de>
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 4, 2018 16:17
*To:* b...@hofkristallamt.org; ccp4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
*Subject:* Re: [ccp4bb] Oxford University Press

Dear Bernhard,

I agree with you sentiments, but was wondering which 'poor Russian small molecule crystallographer' you had in mind?

Yuri Strutchkov died in 1995. He was an excellent crystallographer but with an efficient team and good connections.

I can't really complain, all the fake Chinese structures in Acta E cited SHELX for their refinement.

Best wishes, George