Hello again.  I just want to add that hydrogen bonds by convention are
usually
considered to be a type of electrostatic interaction (please see the review
by
E. N. Baker in the International Tables of Crystallography Volume F, second
edition,
p. 721) and are generally grouped with other "short range" electrostatic
interactions
along with dipole-dipole, dipole-ionic, and ionic-ionic interactions.  This
is by
contrast to long term interactions that are approximated by the Lennard
Jones potential,
which includes van der Waals forces.  My understanding is that van der
Waals forces
result from weak overall attractions between the protons in the nucleus of
one atom
and the electron cloud of another atom and therefore increase as the atomic
number
of the atoms increase.

-Daniel