Hi Almu,

some other pointers that might be useful in your case:

 * Check the list of known beamline configurations (and particulars)
   at [1] and [2] to see if there is something you need to tell the
   processing software about.

 * If you have multiple lattices, split spots or ice rings (or
   combinations of these), something like "iterative indexing" can
   ensure that subsequent integration starts from a good, initial
   orientation matrix [3,4].

 * Finally a note about damaged/unmasked pixels: these can greatly
   confuse COLSPOT when it comes to classifying so-called "weak spots"
   with odd results [5,6,7].

As Kay said, there are very few datasets where XDS indexing is
genuinely stuck - as long as (a) there are spots with a hint of a
spotlike shape and (b) the processing is told about beamline and
detector specifics.

Cheers

Clemens

[1] https://www.globalphasing.com/autoproc/wiki/index.cgi?BeamlineSettings