Dear Chitra,

Try adding a ligand to the crystallization. This worked for us with ALDH7A1:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26260980

ALDH7A1 is an example of an enzyme with a flexible C-terminus (11 residues).
The conformation of the C-terminus depends on the presence of a ligand in the
substrate site. With the product bound, the C-terminus adopts the “in”
conformation (4ZUL). Without the product bound, the C-terminus adopts either
the “out” conformation (4ZUK, chains A-F,H) or is disordered (4ZUK, chain G).

In this case, the flexibility of the C-terminus is essential for catalytic
activity:.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29045138

Good luck!

Jack

John J. Tanner
Professor of Biochemistry and Chemistry
Associate Chair of Biochemistry
University of Missouri
117 Schweitzer Hall
503 S. College Ave.
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: 573-884-1280
Fax: 573-882-5635
Email: tanne...@missouri.edu<mailto:tanne...@missouri.edu>
http://faculty.missouri.edu/~tannerjj/tannergroup/tanner.html
Lab: Schlundt Annex rooms 3,6,9, 203B, 203C
Office: Schlundt Annex 203A

On Mar 12, 2020, at 8:01 AM, Oganesyan, Vaheh