On 12.03.20 08:53, chitra latka wrote:
Dear All,

I am working on a protein that has flexible C terminus. None of the available structures even in homologs have density for C term region (around 20 odd residues). All the available pdb entries have missing density for these 20 residues at C terminus.

I am going to try my luck crystallising the entire protein in hope of getting density for C term residues as well (Fingers crossed).

Has anyone faced a similar problem where they have managed to get density for a flexible terminus successfully?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers !

Chitra Latka

Dear Chitra

I would nevertheless try. Sometimes flexible termini fold back either in cis or in trans (crystal packing, a case I just had Yesterday) and you might learn sth important for biological regulation if you are lucky. At the same time I would truncate the terminus and crystallize the globular domain in parallel.

Good luck

Klemens