Hi Everyone,

I want to crystallize a small organic molecule. I have very limited
experience in small molecule crystallography. I found that the Crystal
Screen HT from the Hampton research is good for both small molecule and
macromolecule crystallization. Plan to set up a sitting drop screen just
like setting up protein crystallization. I don’t know if this is the proper
way to do it. Is the MRC sitting drop 2-well plate (HR3-083) used for
protein crystallization good for small molecule crystallization? Are there
any special plates used for small molecule crystallization? Is room
temperature ok or not?

For data collection, can I use the beamline for protein crystals to collect
data on small molecule crystals? Larger oscillation angle, shorter
exposure, reduced beam intensity?

For structure determination, is SHELXL the preferred software for solving
small molecule structures?

If anyone has experience in small molecule crystallography, please help.
Thanks!

Best Regards,

--

*Jiyuan Ke, Ph.D.*

Research Investigator

H3 Biomedicine Inc.

300 Technology Square, Floor 5

Cambridge, MA 02139

Phone: 617-252-3923

Email: jiyuan...@h3biomedicine.com

Website: www.h3biomedicine.com

--
[This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
proprietary information of H3 Biomedicine. If you believe that it has been