Dear Jiyuan,

There was a similar question on the bulletin board some 6 years ago; my
response then (links below) complements some of the other great
suggestions already made in answer to your question:

<https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1403&L=CCP4BB&P=R355103>,
and
<https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1403&L=CCP4BB&P=R358060>.

I believe some 90% of small molecule structures are solved using the
SHELX suite of programs by Prof. Sheldrick, so that should be a great
start. The programs are very easy to use, with great defaults. (There
used to be a joke that to solve this or that problem, all you had to do
is start one of his programs and press enter 5 times.)

As before, I'd highly recommend you read Mueller et al.'s excellent book
with detailed tutorials. It provides the data and walks you through
detailed examples in solving and refining small molecule structures:

Peter Müller, Regine Herbst-Irmer, Anthony Spek, Thomas Schneider and
Michael Sawaya. IUCr/Oxford, 2006
<http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198570769.do>.

I'm sure you'll have much fun doing small molecules in addition to large
molecules. We all did.

All the best,
Navdeep

---